Wednesday 9 November 2011

Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade

I took this picture on the Gold Coast in Australia, from the top of a Norfulk Pine. This is one of the pictures that I took using a Canon Powershot A470. One thing I don't like about this picture is how the pine fronds (the ones coming from the bottom of the picture to about halfway up) kind of intrude into the view of the mountains. But apart from that I particularly like this picture. I love how at the bottom of the picture it starts out dark and gradually, as you go up the picture, it gets lighter and lighter until it's a clear, blue sky. And the slightly indistinct focus on the mountains makes the picture look somehow more natural, as though the picture was actually seen by the eye, not taken by a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment